Even though adopted dogs can’t say the words ‘Thank You’ to their new owners for giving them a new life and sincere love, they have plenty of ways of expressing their gratitude — like saving their owner’s lives.
Erin Cramer, who has just adopted a Greyhound from a rescue group, know this truth very well.
One day, when she decided to take a sick leave and stay at home, she noticed that Clobberhead, her newly adopted Greyhound, acted strangely. Erin noticed that Clobberhead has been banging his head on the wall. Thinking that her Greyhound just needs some fresh air outside, she brought the anxious dog to their backyard, but Clobberhead quickly dragged her back inside.
At last, the Greyhound was able to convince Erin to open the door to her laundry room, in which she discovered a disastrous trouble brewing inside the laundry area. It turns out that natural gas leak has been occurring inside the room for some time, and it became severe enough that Clobberhead can’t help but be alarmed.
Her water heater caused the gas leak, but this leak wasn’t the scariest part of the story. While Erin was still reeling in what she found inside her laundry room, she discovered another ‘insidious’ thing occurring together with the gas leak.
But what could this be?
While checking her broken water heater, she found out that it was also sparking. And as we all know, the gas leak and spark are deadly combinations that can only lead to a fire!
Experts who have visited her house told Erin that if all these things were discovered late, the fire would not only engulf their house but nearby houses as well. Thanks to her trusty Greyhound, her life and her neighbors’ were spared.
For Erin, Clobberhead doesn’t need to learn to say the words ‘Thank You,’ because his heroic act so deeply felt his gratitude for being adopted.
Source: Michael Krumblotz via Yahoo News